SUE-Polarbear

I want you to know who I am and what I am doing...

About the Videos

Actually, when I was watching the two videos, I had many question marks wandering in my head.


The first one is--Does each American person gets to use these technology every day? Because , many of these technology are alien to me--I don't know how to use it, I don't even know its name.


The second one is--Does modern technology really has this power to lead us into a future where everyone is physically paralyzed, where humans become exactly like those imaginary cartoon figures in the movie "Wall- E"? I'm thinking that maybe Americans worry about it more than people from other countries do, because they have a closer bonding with media, computer, Internet...


In CHINA, people surely discussed a lot about the positive and negative side of modern technology, however, we somehow empasize more on its bright side. I have to admire the video makers' imagination and creativity, because seeing what we will turn out to be forces me to take this issue more seriously.

3 comments:

There were some things in the videos I never heard of either, so I'm right there with you. Hopefully modern technology will take us in a positive direction rather than negative, and that movies like Wall-E depict a very exaggerated future. However, I know personally that Americans are very dependent on technology, so it's hard to say how this will affect us nationally and globally in the years to come.

-Kaitlin

 

I absolutely agree with your statement. Many new electronical devices were mentioned that certainly made me ponder enough about possible outcomes for our future. Although, many Americans mainly dedicate theirselves to the modern technology, I just hope that whatever is to arise in our future should result as positively as possible, hopefully.

 

Hi Min,
I think you brought up an interesting point. we focus alot on how the internet brings us all together but different countries and different people would, i imagine, definitely have varying attitudes and degrees of use. people in america and the west might use the internet differently then people elsewhere. the globe has become a much smaller place because of the internet but we still all bring our cultural differences to it.

 

Post a Comment